You, the prospective client, will have a team of 3-5 students¹ who will connect with you to learn more about your business/organization/project, you and the team will decide on appropriate deliverables based on your needs and their skills and time frame. This is NOT a mentorship program. These are highly capable, talented adults--many of whom have been industry professionals for many years. Once the deliverables are agreed upon, you may end up connecting the team once or twice more (if appropriate for the scope of your project). That's it. Becoming a client for the MBA class is not a chore to be added to YOUR plate², the Integrated Project is designed to take something off your plate, by handing it over to the wicked-smart MBA team. :-).
- If we have more clients than students, you may not end up with a team this semester. With that said, keep in touch with the MBA program at the College of Business, and perhaps there will be a class or need for projects similar to this in the near future.
- Expectations for the YOU, the client:
- Submit a short description of your organization, potential project (marketing plan, business plan, feasibility study, etc.), and why this project or your organization would be interesting to the prospective teams. This needs to be submitted by no later than 8:00 pm, Thursday, March 18th
- Connect with your assigned student team at some point between Wednesday, March 25th, and Wednesday, April 1st. The team will reach out to you first via email and you will collectively agree on a time that works for both of you. Any there is a need for any follow-up conversations, you and the team will make those appointments as needed. Expect there to be one, MAYBE two follow-ups, but again that depends on the agreements set up between you and your team. Even though this submission form has a 1-hour weekly commitment, this may end up being less.
- They will need to have this project complete by April 30th, as all of them are graduating on May 1st! So keep in mind that the project deliverables that all of you agree upon will need to fit within the scope of about three to four weeks given their time constraints.
Program & Course Info
|School||College of Business|
|Course||MBA 603: Integrated Project|
|Graduate / Undergraduate|
|Student Time Commitment||4-7 Hours|
|Class Meeting Day & Time*||TBD|
*Note: Company, faculty, and students will finalize meeting and communication schedule after collaboration is finalized
Accounting & Legal, Aerospace & Defense, Agriculture & Forestry, Arts, Entertainment & Recreation, Biotech & Pharmaceuticals, Business Services, Construction, Repair & Maintenance, Consumer Services, Education, Finance, Government, Health Care, Information Technology, Insurance, Manufacturing, Media, Mining & Metals, Non-Profit, Oil, Gas, Energy & Utilities, Real Estate, Restaurants, Bars & Food Services, Retail, Telecommunications, Transportation & Logistics, Travel & Tourism
|Requested Company Size|
|Duration||5.1 Weeks (03/25/2021 - 04/30/2021)|
|Company Time Commitment||1 Hour per week of mentoring, answering key questions, and providing access to helpful resources|
Timeline & Next Steps
March 12, 2021
Collaboration request published. Industry Partners may express interest in participating.
March 12, 2021
Educators will begin interviewing interested Industry Partners to discuss project ideas.
March 20, 2021
Final date for Industry Partners to express interest in participating.
March 21, 2021
Educators and Industry Partners finalize project synopsis.
March 25, 2021
OFFICIAL PROJECT LAUNCH: We’ll find a time on this day to web conference you into our class to kickoff the project.
April 30, 2021
OFFICIAL PROJECT END: We’ll find a time on this day to web conference you into our class to close the project.
Topics of Interest
Project categories and templates that might inspire you…
Process Overview / Mapping
Software Suite Recommendations
Corporate Social Responsibility
Evaluation and Recommendations
New Business Opportunity Assessment
New Product/Service Development
Data Scrubbing & Reorganization
Data Synthesis & Visualization
KPI Design Visualization
Business Opportunity Research
Prospecting New Relationships
Designing & Scaling Processes
Legal, Regulatory, Compliance
Impending Regulation Assessment
Legal Documents & Legal Structure Audit
Prospecting Legal Firms
Social Media Optimization
User/Customer Acquisition Strategy Development & Testing
Mergers & Acquisitions
Prospecting Acquirer Targets
Establishing & Validating Valuations
Researching Potential Acquisitions
Process Design Review
Inter-Departmental Efficiency Assessment
PR & Communications
PR Strategy Consulting
Messaging & Tone Advancement
Product Design & Development
Purchasing, Logistics, Supply Chain
Sourcing & Distribution Analysis
Process Mapping & Checking
Document Validity Verification
Data and Fact Checking
Reporting, Financial Planning & Analysis
Financial Performance Analysis
Research & Development
Competition Due Diligence
Industry Size Assessment
Partnership & Channel Mapping
Sales & Business Development
New Business Opportunity Assessment